In January 2019, (ISC)² sent an email notification to all members announcing a few changes to the Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) effective July 1, 2019. Below is brief overview of these changes:
- Simplified AMF Schedule – AMFs will be due at the start of your membership cycle each year, instead of at the end. All certified (ISC)² members and Associates are required to ensure their accounts align with the new payment policy by June 30, 2019 by paying AMFs for all credentials held for the previous year, plus the AMF for the upcoming year.
- New AMF Fees – the new AMF is U.S. $125 for certified (ISC)² members and U.S. $50 for Associates of (ISC)². Both groups have until June 30, 2019 to pay any outstanding AMFs and the option to pay ahead for the remainder of your three-year membership cycle at the current rate for your certification(s).
- Savings for Multiple Certifications – starting July 1, 2019, members with multiple credentials will save as there will only be a single AMF payment of U.S. $125 regardless of how many (ISC)² credentials held or earned.
(ISC)² members have until June 30, 2019 to pay any outstanding AMFs and have the option to pay ahead for the remainder of the three-year membership cycle at the current rate of their existing certification.
To remain in Good Standing, all members are required to ensure their accounts align with the new payment policy by June 30, 2019. Members who do not align their accounts with the new AMF payment policy by this date will be suspended and will be required to pay a reinstatement fee of U.S. $600.
It is imperative that (ISC)² members are aware of this change and accounts are compliant as of June 30, 2019. As an officer of an (ISC)² Chapter, we request that you share this information with your (ISC)² certified members at your next chapter meeting or email this information and the following advice:
- Know your account balance: Visit the Member Dashboard or reach out to Member Services
- Review the AMF Policy changes: AMF Overview and Member Policies
- Don’t wait too long: Deadline is June 30, 2019
- Act Now and Save: Take advantage of the opportunity to pay the remainder of your certification cycle and the current rate
More details can be found on the Annual Maintenance Fees section on the (ISC)² website. Also, the Certification and Member Maintenance Policy and (ISC)² Reinstatement Policy has been updated on the (ISC)² website here.
Contact your Regional Member Services Team with questions at www.isc2.org/contact-us.
What does it mean?
If you are an (ISC)2 credential holder you annual membership fees (AMF) changed. These are not the same as Chapter Dues. (ISC)² policy on the payment of these dues also changed.
- July 1, 2019 forward membership dues are required to be paid for the upcoming year rather than allowing them to be billed in arrears.
- Amounts due for each credential is different and those having multiple credentials have only fee, regardless of the number of credentials they have.
- AMFs that are not paid by June 30, 2019 for the current year will result is a suspended status and cost $600 dollars to reactivate.
Actions to take.
If you are an (ISC)² Credential holder, sign into your (ISC)² account and make sure you are current on your AMF.